Monday 19 December 2011

Shirley Kilgour

I am the youngest of 11 children and was raised by the Salvation Army in a Girls Home in Wellington. I moved to another girls home in Auckland where I met my husband who provided transport and help for the home. I am now working at creating healing for those girls in Salvation Army care who have issues with the organisation around their upbringing as I do. My husband and I have lived a full and exciting life as ministers/officers with the Salvation Army. We are now retired and supporting our grandchildren in Auckland and Brisbane. Ian and I are a package as we have always worked together, but we have very different abilities. I love craft, quilting and music and look forward to sharing something of these with the children of Pakpingjai.

(Both Shirley and Ian are Major's in the Salvation Army... Peter)

No comments:

Post a Comment