Sunday 4 December 2011

Cherry Shin - Biography

Hey Pakpingjai! My name's Cherry and I'm 16 years old. I was born in Korea but I've been in New Zealand since I was 4 years old. I am happily living with my dad, my step-mum and one of my two step-brothers. I'm in my last year (Year 13) this year at Glendowie College and currently helping out and working at the St Heliers Church and Community Centre – answering the phone, making posters and even doing dishes! I have a strong passion for animals and I have always wanted to do something related to them as a career in the future. I'm not involved with a sports team at the moment, although I am a very competitive person who loves a challenge! I have been involved with cheerleading and dance (ballet, character and hip hop) a few years ago but it is still one of my interests and hobbies. I love hanging out with friends and I love being around people in general. The first photo attached is of me (on the left) and Emma (on the right) who is also coming on the trip as well as Georgia (left of second photo). I am in the middle in a red dress and beside me (on the right) is Neisha, who unfortunately is not coming with us this year..

So, I am going on this trip because I want to challenge myself, reach out and help others in need. I consider myself as an approachable, friendly person and I like to help people who want or need the help I am willing to give. I want to experience this trip in an amazing environment with many good friends from the St Heliers Church and Community Centre which will be a great memory for the rest of my life. I am thankful that God has gifted me with these great opportunities in life and my beautiful friends and family who will support me no matter what I do!

I am very interested to be involved and experience in a different lifestyle for 12 days. I feel like I take the great (but little) things in life for granted and I want to know how it feels to have none of those little things that keep me going today (I'm talking about things such as television, cellphones, laptops.. maybe even electric blankets and super soft beds!).

Anyways, I am very excited for the whole new experience and to start off the year 2012 with an amazing kick-start!



No comments:

Post a Comment