Monday 19 December 2011

Ian Kilgour Bio

I come from a Presbyterian background and became a Salvation Army Officer in 1970 enjoying Parish appointments in the North & South Islands. I had a strong conviction that God had called me to serve those who didn’t belong to the church and this lead to involvement in social and community issues, advisory roles to the Government in the fields of youth unemployment, community development, emergency housing and international aid work as Chairperson of UNICEF Auckland - hence my excitement about the opportunity to visit Pakpingjai. In 1992 I returned to Christian ministry as an Inner City Chaplain with the Methodist Church with my last appointment before retirement as manager of The Salvation Army Social Policy & Parliamentary Unit. Shirley and I have four married adult children and six grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment