Friday 30 December 2011

David Dean - Bio

I was born quite some time ago in a place far from here – about 12000 miles away. I grew up in a large town in Dorset before moving to study and work in West Sussex. In 2005 I decided to try something different and moved to New Zealand for ‘a bit of a change of scenery’. Been here six years now and feel quite at home, well second home.

I currently work full time as a Year 7/8 teacher at Churchill Park School in Glendowie, Auckland. It’s a good place to be and you get to work with some ‘interesting’ people.

In my bid to change scenery every now and then (life’s too short to stay in one place) I decided to become part of the group that travels to northern Thailand every second year. I had heard a great deal about the Pakpingjai project over the last few years and I was about to become involved in similar projects based in Kenya a few years back. This, however, never happened due to me shifting here to New Zealand.

I really believe that travel broadens the mind. So, I am looking forward to this trip and hoping to assist in a variety of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment