Saturday 9 January 2010

Frann's profile



Hi from Frann...

This will be my second trip to Pakpingjai. To officially open the Girl’s Hostel was one of the purposes of our trip in 2008. Since then, 17 young girls age 6 – 13 have been welcomed into the community of Pakpingjai where they are receiving Christian care and a sound education. Visiting the Hill Tribes from where some of these girls have come puts their plight into perspective. We take treats such as lollies and balloons and essentials such as basic medicines. To see the delight in the eyes of the children as they play with the balloons and taste the treats - to see the tears in the eyes of an old man when told the medicines will bring relief from the pain in his arthritic knees – it personifies the words of Christ “I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me” Matthew 25: 40. I don’t go to relive my experience of 2008, but I go with the expectation that we will return satisfied that we have made a difference to those whose lives we touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment