Friday 20 January 2012

Pete Speak 19/01/12

I am sitting here with 20 people who make up our group. We are sharing photo albums and learning about each other. It's interesting to me that we ALL have a story to tell. 


Then my mind wanders to the pooir and needy of Thailand...


Do they have stories to tell? 


Without a doubt these people have enough to fill a book several times over. If we could somehow tap into the life stories of the Thai people, we could learn a huge amount of wisdom, a huge amount of knowledge, and a way of enjoying life despite having little.


I know I have mentioned this so many times but it seems to me that there's very little difference in the smiles or frowns of the supposedly "have's" and the apparently "have nots". There is sadness amongst the "rich" and happiness amongst the "poor". There is also happiness amongst the "rich" and sadness amongst the "poor".


So where does that leave us? Should we feel guilty? Should we feel as though we should change our ways completely


I don't believe so... but I do believe in education and I do believe we can learn from each other.


Cheers


Peter Chatteris
Blogmaster!





No comments:

Post a Comment