Monday 16 January 2012

A few words from Cherry Shin


Hi, it’s Cherry here :) This is now our second full day here in Thailand and it has been nothing but absolutely amazing! Even though I haven’t been here for long, I find everyday very interesting and the experiences I have come across have been incredible. Yesterday (our first day in Pakpingjai), we met the most adorable children from this hostel who have now quickly become our friends. These kids don’t have much offered to them (as in things they want – only what they are in need of) but they are the happiest kids I have ever come across. A lot of the things they do remind me of how much we take for granted which sadden me a little bit because these children aren’t asking for anymore than what they have – which isn’t much! These kids are in high spirit and this explains to me that expensive or beautiful possessions are not the things that make up a great, happy life.


The fact that I’m from an Asian culture, I’m able to relate a few things and the experience is quite familiar to me, apart from one thing – the food. Everything is very flavorful and different to what I usually eat but trying everything has been interesting and again, a very great experience. Today, we went to a market which was very similar to what it is like in Korea and I even saw a few brands which were actually from there!


My highlight of today was probably the group bike-ride around another village and temple near Pangnam which was so much fun and the amazing sunny weather just made it that much better :-) Tomorrow, we’ll be off to the zoo and an elephant show with the girls, and then go shopping in Chiang Mai at a night market.


I look forward to every single day here in Thailand :-) …I just hope I don’t get infested by bugs and mozzies! 





No comments:

Post a Comment