Thursday 19 January 2012

Cherry Chats!

It's me, Cherry again :)


I can't believe how exhausted everyone is right now.. Didn't expect it to be a tiring trip along with everyday being 15 hours long! IM SO TIRED. Every morning, we wake up at 6am, get ready for the day and have breakfast at 7am then we leave to our destination by 8am and start our full-on day until around 6pm so we come back to the hostel, then we have dinner which is at 6.30pm and after that (when we're completely knackered and nearly falling asleep on our beds) we have the girls knocking on our door wanting to play or dance! sounds like a long, tiring day doesn't it? It's now our 6th day following this daily routine.. Oh my gosssssh. I feel like we've done so much since we got here! Going to heaps of different markets, a zoo with the girls, a few Buddhist temples, other villages, and we've even taught English at a school... 


Today was quite an emotional day for us all. We visited the Hill Tribe Village in Phu Him where the houses are made of sticks and rope, the village people don't have very nutritional food to consume, the dogs limping around are weak and diseased. For me, the dogs made me sadder than the anything else. With the passion I have for animals, this made me very emotional that these dogs have nothing to eat or drink and they don't have any vet check-ups, vaccinations or medication. They are left to breed, then the puppies aren't under any care so they are to catch diseases easily while they're very young. There was one skinny, weak puppy on a hunt for water (probably only a few months old) that had a broken paw which the bone was completely detached and was only hanging onto the outer skin and flesh! Seeing this was very emotional for a lot of us :( I just want to bring all of them home and treat them!!! But unfortunately, I can't do anything about it right now.. Anyways, the happiest part of the day definitely was the waterfall trip! On a hot, humid day, that's exactly what you need.. Nature is SO amazing :)


Yeah... So, it's 10pm now and I'm already half asleep. KEEN TO WAKE UP AT 6AM! YUSSSSS... :/


That's me for now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment