Tuesday 24 January 2012

Alice's post trip chat!

Hi it's Alice here.  I'm home from Thailand and Pakpingai now but I wanted to write about what the trip has meant for me and tell you about some of the highlights for me.  

It was very hard to leave Pakpingjai because all the girls were really sad and it had been such a wonderful time there.  I loved taking the kids to the zoo because they enjoyed it so much and we got to see animals that I have never seen before.   The girls were all so happy all the time and friendly to us and they made us feel welcome and special.

It was fun trying to teach people English at the school we visited and they were all so excited to see us.  I thought it was sad when we went to the hill tribe because the houses are really small and made out of bamboo.  Life there looked hard.

Travelling to the river Kwai was also sad because we knew that people from our country had been prisoners there and there were lots of deaths  while they built bridges.

The trip was good for me.  I learnt that you don't have to have everything to be happy.  I enjoyed helping people and seeing the smiles on the children's faces.  I liked that we have helped and that the children enjoyed our visit.

I'm really thankful that I got to go to Thailand and have this opportunity to visit the children of Pakpingjai and learn from them.

Alice






No comments:

Post a Comment